Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

I read this poem one year ago and I did really love it and still in my mind. Actually this poem is talking about life journey. As the title "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" the word woods which refer the death. And the writer use the personification way to show what is the meaning of life in his opinion. And the last two sentences
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Actually miles means life journey and before the man died, he had finished all his obligation.
As the sentence "But I have promises to keep" which means the responsiblity we have in our life.
So this poem means that there are many jobs that we have to finish before we pass away. There are lots of obligation that we have in our whole life.

Life is just like a long journey .

No comments: